Joules is a smart contract created by the community's game dev, Trimo.
What is Joules
Joules is a self sustainable smart contract. Simple as that.
How does Joules work
Joules works by paying dividends out to it's stake holders. When you Deposit Atheios to the contract you are issued joules(stake). Overtime you will be issued dividends you can either claim or reinvest your earnings. If you claim your dividends the ATH will be sent to your address. But if you reinvest your dividends you will will recieve more joules(stake) which will yield to a higher dividends payout. The fees allow for dividends payouts to be sustainable.
There's a safe math library imported into the contract to keep it secure from exploits:
- Deposit fee: Amount/(100/7) = deposit fee - (14.28%)
- Withdrawal fee: Amount/(100/4) = withdrawal fee - (25%)
- Stake Calculation: stakeValue + ((100/7)/totalstake)
- TotalStake is calculated by: totalstake issued + Stake increment
- Deposit: Use this to send ATH to the Joules contract.
- Claim: Sends your dividends to your ath address.
- Reinvest: Sends your dividends directly back to the contract, increasing your total investment and ownership.
Why should I invest
So you ask yourself why would participate in Joules? Joules gives you the opportunity to grow your investment by reinvesting your dividends that recieve (which increases your overall stake)= higher dividend payouts or you could look at it as passive income where you'd just claim your dividends and do what you wish with them. Overall, you have to look at Joules as a way for people to have fun, if you don't have a lot ATH you can start small and let it grow. The possiblities are end less.
How to start investing into Joules
- 1. Install AthMask for Google Chrome | https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/athmask/mpbilgenpgmbjjpeejldipechgdfahlj
- 2. Deposit ATH to your new account
- 3. Open Joules: The Hodl Game | https://therealtrimo.github.io/JoulesAPP/index.html
- 4. Enter amount you wish to deposit
- 5. Click Deposit
A video tutorial made by our community member Dylie, can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YhYft2NRp0&